Tumble Forms 2 Soft Top Rocker Balance
Brand/Manufacturer: PERFORMANCE HEALTH/PATTERSON MEDICAL
Tumble Forms 2 Soft-Top Rocker Balance provides sure footing during rocker and balance exercises with its foam-cushioned top which is nonslip and nonabrasive. Recessed sides protect fingers against pinching. Soft-Top Rocker Balance has maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs. It wipes clean and does not mar floors or walls.
Tumble Forms 2 Soft-Top Rocker Balance
Tumble Forms 2 Soft Top Rocker Balance develops equilibrium reaction, trunk strengthening, eye/hand coordination, and a sense of body awareness:
- The child practices getting on and off the Soft Top Rocker Balance:
c. to each side
- The child sits cross-legged on the Soft Top Rocker Balance. The therapist rocks the child back and forth and asks the child to maintain balance.
- Sitting on the Soft Top Rocker Balance, upper extermity movements (swim-ming movements) may be acted out alternating right and left hands and arms.
- Sitting or kneeling, have the child roll his head to one side and focus on a target, then to the other side. Have the child roll his head in complete circles.
- Sitting, kneeling or standing, have the child rock slowly back and forth on the Soft Top Rocker Balance. This slow rhythmic pattern is a fuller experience when done to a musical background.
- Sitting or kneeling the child moves his arms in circles:
a. both arms in the same direction
b. both arms in opposition
c. moving one arm and then the other
d. moving one arm and then the other in opposition
- Child balances on the Soft Top Rocker Balance, either sitting, kneeling or standing and:
a. folds arms on chest
b. raises arms above head
c. extends arms out to the sides
d. Lends down and touches toes
e. originates own movements